my life

Sunday, March 19, 2006

do it yourself

"Several years ago i was on a train from Leningrad to Moscow.During a stop in a small town, i saw an old woman selling a homemade pirozkhi, this little Russia pastries.I called an urchin passing on the platform and asked "Do you know how much the pirozkhi costs?"
"Ten copecks apiece" he told me. I gave him twenty with the instruction to buy two; one for me and one for him"
"A few minutes later he returned enjoying his pastry. He handed me over ten copecks and said "I'm sorry but there was only one left"
This is one interesting thing i read from the readers digest and from it i learnt that doing things yourself does help even if you have good intention. But remember its your life, its my life and we live it like we want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home